Terms and Conditions
RETURNS & CANCELLATION POLICY
Please be advised that any refunds on products purchased from Mac Shack are subject to the following Returns, Refund and Warranty Policies.
All Mac Shack products must be returned within 7 days of original purchase. After the 7 days, all Mac Shack products will be assessed in terms of our Warranty Agreement.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be either unused or in the same condition in which you received it.
Your item must be returned in the original packaging.
All Returns must include an original receipt or proof of purchase.
Note that should you want to return a brand new device it must be returned to us unopened. Should the device be opened a 10% fee will be applicable.
- Mac Shack will refund or exchange any online purchases within 7 days from the date of receipt as long as the item has not been used or installed and is returned in the original packaging and that the relevant proof of purchase is provided.
- Please note: a 10% handling fee may be charged on online purchases and a 5% handling fee may be charged on any card transactions in store.
Once we have received your item, we will notify you and commence inspection of the item. On completion of the product inspection, we will contact you to confirm the status of your refund.
If your return is approved, we will initiate a refund to your original method of payment. You will be credited with the original purchase amount within a number of working days, subject to your card issuer's policies.
Refunds will be done electronically via electronic funds transfer (EFT) to a bank account nominated by you. In certain circumstances where possible, Mac Shack may effect a credit card transaction reversal.
Refunds may take up to 14 working days to complete.
Mac Shack will not be liable for any bank charges, taxes, interest and/or any other fees that may be levied against you for the refund.
The customer is responsible for paying any shipping costs involved in returning the item to Mac Shack.
Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
All pre-owned devices purchased from Mac Shack come with a standard 90-day warranty. The warranty will commence from the date of original purchase. All warranties are tied to the serial number of the device. Visit our website for a detailed list of components covered under our warranty agreement.
All prices are subject to verification before the fulfilment process starts.
New - Unopened, sealed. 12 month manufacturer’s warranty.
Demo - Opened packaging / Unused or Slightly used / Display Units. 90-day warranty.
CPO - Certified Pre-owned. Quality checked second-hand item. 90-day warranty.
Note that all warranties will be void should the item display have any physical or liquid damage upon inspection.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Augusta Building, The Campus, 57 Sloane St, Bryanston, 2191 above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.